Welcome!

Welcome to my current events blog. Here I will be talking about current events happening around the world!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Evacuations in Australia proceed as floodwaters rise

Recap:

This article was about the flooding that is happening in Australia and how it is affecting numerous residents in the state of Queensland. The flooding has affected almost everyone who lives in that general area. Rockhampton is the largest and most populous city that is strongly effected by the flooding. The airport in this town has closed down, making evacuations much more difficult. Also many homes from Rockhampton have been evacuated and the weather is not expected to let down. According to meteorologists the flooding is supposed to continue and potentially become even worse. This is some of the worse flooding that Australia has ever seen.

Opinion:

 As soon as I read this story I thought of the Australian exchange student James that lived with me for five weeks during November and December. James and I had discussed the flooding while he was here but his dad had told him that it wasn't serious and it most likely wasn't going to be. After reading this article I'm shocked to find out that the flood situation in Australia is quite serious. Many people have evacuated and cities like Rockhampton are having an extremely difficult time. I found this article extremely interesting and I hope that the flooding in Australia gets better and not worse.

1 comment:

  1. In my opinion it is very important that the government of Australia takes the right measures to save and evacuate as much people as possible and pay close attention to the predictions. They could have prevented the current situations if the people of these towns would have taken the predictions seriously.

    ReplyDelete